LBOR Midyear Membership Meeting/Luncheon
Tuesday, June 13, 2023 (11:30 AM - 1:30 PM) (CDT)
Sign up now to attend this Exclusive Luncheon with Mayor Lisa Larsen, City of Lawrence. And participate in a Town Hall discussion with leaders at the local, state, and national levels of the REALTORS® association.
Hear a State of the City update from Mayor Lisa Larsen. Please bring your questions about any topic...
Here are a few examples:
- What is the City doing to prioritize housing development in the CIP (Capital Improvement Plan)?
- What steps is the City taking now to help increase housing inventory, availability and affordability?
- What will happen to the mill levy following unprecedented growth in property valuations?
- Following the recent change to add Source of Income as a protected class, are there discussions about limiting a Landlord's ability to use credit scoring and background checks to screen tenants?
- The City has a goal of 100% clean & renewable energy in all municipal operations by 2025, and city-wide in 2030. How is progress being made on this initiative?
- And more....please bring your questions!
Following Mayor Larsen's address, our town hall panelists are:
- Steve LaRue - NAR Region 9 VP
- Thomas Howe - KAR President
- Becky Burghart - KAR Zone 2 VP
- Mark Tomb - KAR VP of Gov't Affairs
- Brian Johnson - LBOR President
- Danielle Davey - LBOR Gov't Affairs Director
Facilitated by Mike McGrew
LBOR Mid-Year Luncheon Meeting Sponsor:
1031 New Hampshire
Lawrence, KS 66044
The luncheon will begin at 11:30 am. Mayor Lisa Larsen will present, followed by a Town Hall session with representatives from the NAR, KAR, and the LBOR.